I have hundreds of business books on my shelf. This one stands out.
My friend Todd gave me a copy three years ago and it stayed with me because it was so simple and easy.
This book is ideal for entrepreneurs and someone who runs a privately held business and has hit the ceiling.
The author Gino Wickman quotes five common frustrations:
- Lack of control … instead of controlling the business, the business is controlling you
- People … they don’t seem to listen, understand you or follow through with their actions
- Profit … simply put, there is not enough of it
- The ceiling … you feel overwhelmed and unsure of what to do next
- Nothing’s working … you’re spinning your wheels and you need traction to move again
Traction, Get a Grip on Your Business, is not a flavour of the month business book. It is based on real world experience, practical wisdom and timeless truths.
No theories, no fancy words or magic pills, just simple tools and best practices that work.
The book describes a system called the Entrepreneurial Operating System, or EOS.
EOS makes it really simple to run a business. It identifies six key components that business owners need to focus on strengthening: vision, people, data, issues, process and traction.
What Gino Wickman describes is a complete system to help a business owner do three things.
- Vision: get your leadership team 100% on the same page with where the business is going and how it is going to get there
- Traction: help your leadership team to become more disciplined and accountable, executing every part of the vision
- Healthy: help them become a healthy, functional, cohesive leadership team, because unfortunately, leaders don’t always function well as a team
With the EOS system, your entire organisation becomes crystal clear on your vision, more disciplined and accountable, gains traction and advances as a healthy team.
There are three ways to implement the EOS system in your business. The first, “Self Implementation”, is to do it yourself by selecting one of your most capable leaders to teach and facilitate it. The second is “Supported Self-Implementation”, where you join the EOS community for a small monthly fee. Finally, you can engage a “Professional EOS Implementer” to lead your team through the journey and hold you accountable.
I have been so impressed with the EOS system that I decided to become a Professional EOS Implementer myself so I can help businesses grow.
I am convinced that by reading this book and applying its core principals, you can eliminate all of your business related frustrations.
It will help you get more of what you want from your business.