There are four basic principles for a Forum Retreat: travel together, stay together; work or learn together and play together.
In my experience, when my Forum hires a Certified Trainer to facilitate exercise and learnings, it enhances the experience and increases the take-home value.
Spending time together on retreat increases your knowledge of each other and gives context and understanding of members, their history and background. Then, when you are in your forum meeting, you have greater understanding of the nuances and details of the experience your forum members share.
It helps to build deep, meaningful bonds that support you and the forum on their journey of learning and self-discovery.
On an ideal retreat, you will:
- increase the bond between forum members
- integrate new members into the forum
- spend time bonding and learning
- have fun doing an extra-curricular activity to team build
- create a family feel through eating and drinking together (a forum that eats together stays together)